If you didn’t know it yet, I’ve build my own WP7 application. As I’m using oData in the backend, Fiddler is an invaluable tool that helps me debugging all the web traffic. However there is one problem, Fiddler doesn’t seem to work with the Windows Phone 7 emulator.
I solved the problem by executing following steps mentioned on Eric Laws blog:
- Start Fiddler.
- Click Tools > Fiddler Options.
- Open the Connections tab and tick the Allow remote computers to connect box
- Click OK to close the Fiddler Options dialog.
- In the QuickExec box under the session list, type prefs set fiddler.network.proxy.registrationhostname HostName where HostName is the name of your desktop computer.
- Close and restart Fiddler.
- Start (or restart) the Windows Phone 7 Emulator.
- Open Internet Explorer on the Emulator.
- Observe, your traffic shows in Fiddler.