First and foremost, welcome in 2011!
The Windows Azure Platform Training Kit includes a comprehensive set of technical content including hands-on labs, presentations, and demos that are designed to help you learn how to use the Windows Azure platform including: Windows Azure, SQL Azure and the Windows Azure AppFabric. With the speed that Microsoft is releasing new versions of the training kit, it’s easy to miss a new update or release.
So to get you up to date, December last year a new update has been released. The December update provides new and updated hands-on labs, demo scripts, and presentations for the Windows Azure November 2010 enhancements and the Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.3. These new hands-on labs demonstrate how to use new Windows Azure features such as Virtual Machine Role, Elevated Privileges, Full IIS, and more.
Some of the specific changes with the December update of the training kit include:
- [Updated] All demos were updated to the Azure SDK 1.3
- New demo script] Deploying and Managing SQL Azure Databases with Visual Studio 2010 Data-tier Applications
- [New presentation] Identity and Access Control in the Cloud
- [New presentation] Introduction to SQL Azure Reporting
- [New presentation] Advanced SQL Azure
- [New presentation] Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket
- New presentation] Managing, Debugging, and Monitoring Windows Azure
- [New presentation] Building Low Latency Web Applications
- [New presentation] Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus
- [New presentation] Windows Azure Connect
- [New presentation] Moving Applications to the Cloud with VM Role
Oh wait, and of course a link to download it.
And a remark: Note that this release only supports Visual Studio 2010. So if you didn’t upgrade yet, now is a good time…