Friday, March 31, 2017

Azure–Assign a reserved (public) IP address to an existing Cloud Service

A customer asked me to assign a static IP address to an existing Cloud Service in Azure. It took me same time to figure out the exact procedure to do this. So here are the steps involved:

  • Open the Powershell console and install the Azure Powershell commandlets(if you didn’t had done this already)
    • Install-Module AzureRM
  • Now let’s first login to Azure
    • Add-AzureAccount
  • You can check if you are logged in succesfully
    • Get-AzureAccount
  • Let’s activate a specific subscription
    • Select-AzureSubscription
    • Specify the SubscriptionName
  • Now you can convert the assigned dynamic IP for your cloud service to a static reserved IP address
    • New-AzureReservedIP –ReservedIPName MyStaticIP –Location "West Europe" -ServiceName MyServiceName

Remark: Executing the last command can take a while, so don’t panic if nothing seems to happen…

5 comments:

Shalini said...

I just see the post i am so happy to the communication science post of information's.So I have really enjoyed and reading your blogs for these posts.Any way I’ll be replay for your great thinks and I hope you post again soon.

Digital Marketing Company in Chennai


Nandhini said...

Such a great articles in my carrier, It's wonderful commands like easiest understand words of knowledge in information's.
House Cleaning Service in Chennai

Marianas said...

Azure is a excellent cloud concept which i loved to read..Anything about azure jus hare me..Found to be good info..Thank you..

http://marianasedu.com/

littlejohn said...


Cloud concept be really interesting quite good one in sharing thank you for making this visible.


https://www.lyceumedu.in/top-10-medical-colleges-in-philippines.html

Albert Smith said...

It is worth commenting and reading such a great post. I have gone through the entire article and it has taught me a lot of new things that I did know. Thanks for sharing this amazing information with us. I will be visiting this site occasionally to read more articles especially after accessing Literature Review Critiquing Help.