Sunday, August 15, 2010

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0

Last week I had a lot of trouble to get a Silverlight project working on our build server. I kept getting the following error

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.


All the correct tools, SDK and so on were installed on the build server. I double checked if all the version were correct and everything seemed fine. As a last resort I started adding the following DLL’s from the Silverlight directory to the Global Assembly Cache manually:

  • System.Windows.dll
  • System.Core.dll

After doing this, the problem was solved. Strange…

4 comments:

GAP is NOW HERE said...

THANK YOU for this posting - it finally resolved my issues that set me back at two days!

Gonxalo Santomé said...

Thanks for your comment, I have test everything and nothing but with your solution my proyect run!

Anonymous said...

Thank you ever so much...After fighting the cause for more than a day, your solution worked...

MS should get their act together...Brought down the whole dev environment!!!

Jag

Anonymous said...

You need http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468871 installed.