A nice addition to Azure API Management is the mock-response policy. It allows developers to call your API without invoking the real backend service.
Here are the steps involved to configure mocking from the Azure Portal:
- Browse to the Azure Portal
- Open an API Management instance.
- Click on APIs.
- Click on an API
- Then, for the scope of either All operations or any particular operation, open the Inbound processing editor.
- A new tab titled Mocking is now available.
- Change the Mocking behavior to Static responses and choose a Response from the list