Thursday, August 18, 2016

Akka.NET TestKit–No tests found to run.

I’m currently working on a project where I’m using Akka.NET and the Actor model. I’m amazed by the ease-of-use and how the actor model itself makes complex problems easy to implement. Anyway, I lost some time today investigating a problem that a colleague had. After installing TestKit and writing his first actor based unit test, the Test Runner explorer refused to work and the only output we got was:

No tests found to run.

image

After a few minutes I realized our mistake, we downloaded the Akka.TestKit.NUnit which is suitable for NUnit 2 and older. However we are using NUnit3, which requires a different NuGet package; Akka.TestKit.NUnit3.  After installing the correct NuGet package, our tests appeared and the problem was gone.

Kind of stupid to stumble over this problem because I had the same issue before (and even mentioned it explicitly in a previous blog post about Akka.NET; http://bartwullems.blogspot.be/2016/07/testing-your-akkanet-actors-using.html) Confused smile

No comments: