Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Migrating from TFS Version Control to Git–Follow-up

A few months ago, I blogged about the Git-TF tool and Git-TFS tool I have been using to migrate TFSVC repositories. Last week I noticed a blog post by Richard Fennell from Black Marble where he describes in detail the steps needed to migrate a TFS VC team project to a Git team project. He not only talks about migrating the source code but also about migrating work items, retaining changesets, test plans and suites.

image

He is using the same toolset I have been using but provides a lot more detail. So certainly worth a read…

And of course, before I forget, here is the link to the article: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/developers/articles/week03aug14/migrating-a-tfs-tfvc-based-team-project-to-a-git-team-project/

No comments: