After installing SonarQube and enabling the integration with our TFS Build server, the moment of truth was there. It was time to kick off our first build and let SonarQube analyze our code quality.
Unfortunately the SonarQube build task failed with the following error:
2016-01-29T08:26:36.0469894Z ##[error]Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=512m; support was removed in 8.0
2016-01-29T08:26:36.0479657Z ##[error]The SonarQube Scanner did not complete successfully
Whoops! It seems that SonarQube is providing an option flag ‘MaxPermSize’ which was removed in Java 8.0.
To fix it, I did the following:
- Log in on the server where you have SonarQube installed
- Go to the System properties and open the Environment Variables
- Search for the SONAR_OPTS environment variable
- Remove the MaxPermSize=512m; from the value
- Save your change and reboot the server
That should do the trick…