After upgrading a customer from TFS 2012 to TFS 2013, we couldn’t access the BuildDetail property anymore inside our XAML build process template. Instead we got the following error message:
Error 102 Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression "BuildDetail.DropLocation".
'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Client.BuildDetail' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Friend'.
This is a breaking change when upgrading from TFS 2012 to TFS 2013. Luckily it is not hard to solve:
- Open your XAML build process template
- Add a Variable on the Variables tab
- Choose IBuildDetail as type
- Name it BuildDetail
- Drag a GetBuildDetail activity inside your workflow
- Set the Result property to the BuildDetail variable
Now you can access the same information as before…