Tuesday, February 24, 2015

TFS Build Definition–Loading process template takes forever

While preparing a demo for a session I give later this week, I stumbled over the following problem:
I created a Build Definition for a build controller in TFS Online. When I try to edit the build definition(Right click –> Edit Build Definition…) and go to the Process tab, the only thing that shows is a ‘Preparing build definition environment’ message and an endless spinning wheel…
image
I found the issue on Connect but it was closed as ‘Not reproducable’ Bedroefde emoticon. Anyone with a solution?

Update: The workaround mentioned on the Connect site; repairing Visual Studio; solved the problem for me. 

2 comments:

Manjot kaur said...

Perfect!!! What I can say in this article is very important to be written as it may help everybody to get awareness. Good job done.

PHP Services in Leicester
Website Development Company in Leicester

RĂ©mi GRANJEON said...

To solve this issue, i had to clean the tfs cache folder: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Team Foundation. It's faster than a repair process ;)