The team from OpsHub, the creators of the (commercially available) OpsHub Integration Manager, released the OpsHub Visual Studio Online Migration Utility. This finally introduces a solution to migrate your on premise TFS data to TFS online.
OpsHub Visual Studio Online Migration utility helps customers wanting to migrate the most commonly requested data from an on-premises Team Foundation Server to their Visual Studio Online account. It is designed for basic migration scenarios to migrate history of version control changesets, work items, test cases, and test results.
- Easy to use and helps user make intelligent need based decision.
- One-way migration from on-premises Team Foundation Server to Visual Studio Online.
- Change history is preserved during migration with original details included in work item revision history and version control changeset comments.
- Entities supported include :
- Version Control
- Work Item Tracking
- Test Cases
- Test Results
- Mapping between on-premises Active Directory accounts & Workgroup user accounts in Team Foundation Server with Microsoft Accounts (formerly known as Windows Live IDs) used in Visual Studio Online.
I’ll have to try it myself, but it certainly looks promising…