With the September 9 release of Team Foundation Service, a nice new feature was released that allows you to create charts from your work item query results. Each query now has a new Charts view. From that view you can create charts based on the data returned by the query.
To test the feature, execute the following steps:
- Go to your Team Foundation Service instance: .visualstudio.com/">https://<instancename>.visualstudio.com/
- Click on a project on the Overview page
- On your project dashboard click on the WORK tab
- Click on the Queries tab
- Click on the Charts option in the Query view
- Click on New Chart to create your first Chart. The Configure Chart dialog is loaded
- Choose a chart type on the left and a ‘Group by’ option on the right. A preview of the chart is shown.
- Click OK to add the Chart to the Query view.