To reorganize the disk usage on our Team Foundation Server, I decided to move the TFS cache folder to a different location. TFS uses a specific folder to cache files that are under version control on the application-tier server. By default, this cache is enabled so that users can download files more quickly from the cache instead of directly from the database.
To change the cache location execute the following steps:
- Create a new folder on the application tier.
- Give the TFS_APPTIER_SERVICE_WPG local group Modify permissions on this folder.
- Go to the web.config path of the TFS webservices(by default this is %programfiles%\Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2012\Application Tier\Web Services).
- In the appSettings section add a line that points to the folder we created:
- <add key="dataDirectory" value="NewCacheRootFolderLocation" />
- Save the file.
- Do an IISReset.
More information can be found on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ms400793.aspx.