For testing purposes I configured a laptop with Windows Server 2008(R2). However I couldn’t connect to the Internet via wireless. I first thought that some drivers were missing but even after installing the WiFi drivers myself, I still couldn’t connect.
I discovered that by default Wireless is disabled in Windows Server 2008(which makes sense if you start thinking about it).
To enable it, execute the following steps:
- Open the Server Manager.
- Click on the Add Features button in the Features Summary.
- In the Add Features Wizard, select the Wireless LAN Service.
- Click Next to confirm the selection.
- Click Install to start the installation process.
- Click Close after the installation completed.
Now you should have the option to choose a WiFi network.