PostMan is a REST client available as a Chrome application. It’s a very easy-to-use and developer friendly tool to test and try your Web API’s. You have lots of options to manipulate the request and it has integrated support for multiple authentication mechanisms.
Download it here.
- Create requests quickly
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
- Open responses as an HTML file in a new window
- HATEOAS support
- Image previews
- Request history
- Basic and OAuth 1.0 helpers
- Autocomplete for URL and header values
- Key/value editors for adding parameters or header values. Works for URL parameters too.
- Use environment variables to easily shift between settings. Great for testing production, staging or local setups.
- Use Global variables for values which are common throughout APIs
- Use the quick look feature to preview variables and their values before you use them
- Keyboard shortcuts to maximize your productivity
- Document and share APIs
- Use collections to organize requests and share them quickly using URLs.
- Document requests inside collections. You can even store entire HTML notes. Postman uses Bootstrap so you can use it too to style your notes.
- Download and share collections with your team of developers.
- Collections can be any group of requests. You can save any kind of request by clicking the 'Add to collection' button. While saving the request you can also add a name and a note. There is no limit on the size of the notes so it can be as detailed as possible. Collections can be downloaded and shared as a file.