Last week Microsoft released the Visual Studio 2012 Team Foundation Server Monitoring Management Pack for monitoring TFS with System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 or 2012. You can download it here.
The Team Foundation Server 2012 Monitoring Management Pack provides both proactive and reactive monitoring of Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2012. It monitors TFS components such as application tier server instances, team project collections, build servers, and proxy servers.
The monitoring provided by this management pack includes availability and configuration monitoring, performance data collection, and default thresholds. You can integrate the monitoring of Team Foundation Server components into your service-oriented monitoring scenarios.
- Auto discovery of TFS components
- Implements containment hierarchy, reflecting logical architecture of the Product
- Implements a proper health model using Monitors
- Contains tasks, diagnostic and recovery for certain failures
- Provides events that indicate service outages
- Provides alerts that show configuration issues and connected data source changes
- Verification that all dependent services are running