Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Error when trying to publish Azure application: Server failed to authenticate the request.

Last week I wanted to deploy an Azure application. So I used the publish options inside Visual Studio to start the deployment process. But after a few seconds it failed with the following error message:

“Server failed to authenticate the request.”

I double checked my credentials, downloaded a new publish contract, I even created another account to test it with other credentials. Nothing helped…

Until I saw in the authentication header that the provided time was not correct. I noticed that the clock on my development machine was 20 minutes behind the real time. Because the UTC time on my local machine was too far out from what the Azure servers say, they revoked my request.

I updated my local machine time and publishing succeeded without any issues.

No comments: