Tuesday, February 14, 2012

TF26204: The account you entered is not recognized

While trying to import a work item definition into a team project I received the following error message:
“TF26204: The account you entered is not recognized. Contact your Team Foundation Server administrator to add your account.”
I found out that the issue was causes by a fault in the AssignedTo field assignment. In the rules we added an allowedvalues rule to filter the list to the project contributors. The following xml was used in the Work Item Type Definition:
<FieldDefinition reportable="dimension" refname="System.AssignedTo" name="Assigned To" syncnamechanges="true" type="String">
  <ALLOWEDVALUES filteritems="excludegroups">
    <LISTITEM value="&quot;[Project]\Contributors&quot;" />
  </ALLOWEDVALUES>
  <HELPTEXT>The person currently working on this task</HELPTEXT>
</FieldDefinition>


image


Did you notice the double quotes in the value. This caused TFS to misinterpret the value and of course “[Project]\Contributors” is a non existing user. Removing the quotes solved the issue:

 
<FieldDefinition reportable="dimension" refname="System.AssignedTo" name="Assigned To" syncnamechanges="true" type="String">
  <ALLOWEDVALUES filteritems="excludegroups">
    <LISTITEM value="[Project]\Contributors" />
  </ALLOWEDVALUES>
  <HELPTEXT>The person currently working on this task</HELPTEXT>
</FieldDefinition>

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

toob said...

Nice, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Tx! Not the same problem i had, but gave me the location to look. My case, i was importing a bug.xml into a new project. the assignedTo had reference to a group that was specific to that other project and not defined in this new project. Removing the group from the listing of available values fixed my problem.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Like others, I was having similar issues but different cause. My first instinct was to assume a server-side change as the error message implied to me that I was no longer authorised to submit the W.I.T. Thanks to this post, I twigged that a W.I.T. definition issue might be to blame. Turns out you can get the same error referencing the Area Path field. I was trying to use a WHEN rule based on the value of the Area Path and saw the same error. Thought it might be worth pointing out to others in the same situation.

Anonymous said...

Thanks.
I experienced the same error when setting the Default text for a ReproSteps field (so the bug report starts with pre-filled headings for description, repro steps, expected results etc).
The problem was caused by using a backslash "\" character within the text - replacing it with the html entity &#92; fixed it.

Anonymous said...

very nice... resolved my issue right away. FYI... this is in the XML file. I was actually missing a bracket... Global]\QA instead of [Global]\QA.