Although Oracle support for Entity Framework was available through some 3th party components, Oracle has finally released it’s (free!) version of ODP.NET that supports Entity Framework for use in production environments.
This is great news for many developers! Unfortunately features like Code First and DbContext can not be used with this release.
ODAC 11.2 Release 4 Production Released with Entity Framework and LINQ Support
ODAC 11.2 Release 4 (18.104.22.168) has arrived for Entity Framework and LINQ developers! It includes 32-bit and x64 versions with the option of using an automated installer or xcopy deployment.
The release incorporates Oracle Database client 22.214.171.124, which can access Oracle Database 9.2 and higher. Oracle supports Entity Framework and LINQ with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4, including Entity Framework 4.1 and 4.2. Code First is not supported in this release.
- Download ODAC 11.2 Release 4
- Article: Use Entity Framework with ODP.NET
- ODAC 11.2 Release 4 Data Sheet
- ODAC 11.2 Release 4 Documentation
- ODAC New Features List
- Discussion Forum: ODP.NET - Post feedback on Entity Framework data access
- Discussion Forum: Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio - Post feedback on Entity Framework tools