If you did some web development in .NET you probably know the web.config transform feature. This allows you to link config transforms to your web.config. For example if you make a web.debug.config it can contain all the changes you want made specific for your debug environment. Unfortunately this feature is only supported for web.config files out-of-the-box.
So what if you want to transform your app.configs, or any XML file? Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi and Chuck England bring you the solution with this Visual Studio Extension called SlowCheetah XML Transforms.
An overview of the features:
- Added tooling to desktop project to create XDT transforms
- Ability to transform
- app.config for desktop projects based on build configuration
- any XML file to the output folder based on build configuration
- Added tooling to enable previewing XDT transforms
- For web projects you can easily transform other XML files during package/publish
You can find more information at the following places: