As a developer, I’m always looking for tools that make my life easier and improve my productivity. Last week I discovered this list(135784_.NET_Free_Dev_Tools-table v6_080111_0) with over 50 free tools.
It contains a some of the most popular and useful free software development tools available. The vast majority of the tools listed in the table are geared toward .NET development, but there are a few others thrown in for those who are doing cross-platform development.
50 tools are listed in nine categories that represent a cross-section of the types of tools most widely available:
- Content management systems (CMSs)
- Data access and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Documentation & Project Management
- Performance Analysis/Management
- Software Configuration Management/Version Control
- Testing and Debugging
- Visual Studio add-ins