Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WP7: Application Deployment Error - This operation returned because the timeout period expired

When trying to deploy a WP7 app  inside Visual Studio to the device, it suddenly started to fail with the following error:

“Error - This operation returned because the timeout period expired.”

Same problem when using the deployment tool. Restarting my phone, restarting my pc,… nothing worked. So I started to think what was different then before.

I realized that my Wi-Fi connection was enabled on the Phone. Could that be the problem? So I disabled Wi-Fi again, tried to deploy and indeed this time it worked!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your solution didn't workout with me. The first time I came across this problem my wifi was turned off. Could you please help me out. Even Tom xap installer doesn't work properly on my pc.