Most of the time if I have to do a demo about Team Foundation Server I use our own TFS (Test) environment. However some clients want to see some specific functionality or don’t have Internet access available for me. In that case I fall back to the standard TFS 2010 demo VPC’s that Microsoft provides us.
Last week Microsoft released a new version of these VPC’s. This new version contains the latest feature packs, power tools, and Windows Updates. This refreshed VM will stop working on June 1, 2011.
What’s new in this version?
- Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2
- Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools (September 2010 Release)
- Visual Studio 2010 Productivity Power Tools · Test Scribe for Microsoft Test Manager
- Visual Studio Scrum 1.0 Process Template
- All Windows Updates through December 8, 2010
- Lab Management GDR (KB983578)
- Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 pre-requisite hotfix (KB2403277)
- Microsoft Test Manager hotfix (KB2387011)
- Minor fit-and-finish fixes based on customer feedback
Please note that this VM does not include Visual Studio Lab Management 2010 capabilities. The Lab Management team has released a separate VHD which has this capability.