If you installed Office after installing Team Explorer 2010, it’s possible that the Excel button in Team Explorer and the Team Add-in in Excel are disabled.
To (re-)enable this, execute the following steps:
- Open Excel 2007.
- Click the Office button in the left corner. A menu is loaded.
- Click the Excel Options button at the bottom of the menu.
- Select the Add-Ins tab on the left. A list of available add-ins is shown.
- At the bottom select COM Add-ins from the dropdown and press Go.
- Check the Team Foundation Add-in and click OK. The Team bar should be available.
Remark: TFS 2010 requires Office 2007 or higher to enable the Office integration. However it’s still possible to use Office 2003 by using the Team Explorer 2008 and Forward compatibily pack to connect to TFS 2010(although you’ll loose some functionality).