Friday, April 16, 2010

Viewing and changing Excel Reports in TFS 2010

One of the nice new features in TFS 2010 are the Excel Reports. They give you an easy to change view on top of the TFS warehouse. But you need to have the necessary rights before you can start playing with these Excel Reports.

  • Viewing an Excel report:
    • Member of the Team Foundation Valid Users security group.
  • Edit an Excel report:
    • Member of the TfsWarehouseDataReader security role in SQL. Server Analysis Services. (More info here)
    • Contributor permissions in SharePoint Products for the team project.

1 comment:

Joseph Becket said...

The article is very helpful! Thank you, I'll be sure to use your advice. Personally, I had some problems converting excel files over to PDF. I got so annoyed from manually moving the information (such as commission reports, invoices, etc.) over to another document, but then I found this program at my work that quickly and painlessly converts my excel documents into PDF and ready to go templates and reports, saving me aggravating hours upon hours. It provides my business a simple way to make individualized statements for our business associates, taking our invoices and seamlessly placing the information in the awesome templates. Check it out here: http://www.nirvaha.com/excel-to-pdf.html