Sunday, February 14, 2010

'MSTest.exe' returned '128' on TFS 2010 Build server

Last week our build failed sometimes even when all conditions were met(code compiled, all tests were running,…). In the build log I found following errorline:

TFB210610: 'MSTest.exe' returned an unexpected exit code. Expected '0'; actual '128'.

Running MSTest manually on the build server using the same parameters gave no errors. On MSConnect I found out that I was not the only one encountering this issue. It should have been resolved in the Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate. I’ll check it out next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This occured on my build last night with all tests passing. Using VS 2010 Premium, all the lastest service packs, patches, etc that Microsoft Update installs.
I can't find anything wrong, and everything went fine the night before.