Sunday, November 29, 2009

Touchpad issues with my Dell E6500

My new laptop is a Dell Latitude E6500. As I was installing some software, I noticed that the touchpad was very slow. Even after changing the mouse speed to the maximum, I still had to do multiple sweeps to get the cursor from one side of the screen to the other.  It was really annoying me, so I started to look for a solution.

On the Dell website under the Input Device Drivers section, I found a driver update for the Touchpad. This replaces the default mouse driver with a touchpad specific driver. It makes working with the touchpad a lot smoother and now it’s also possible to disable the touchpad when an external pointer device is attached.

Thank you, Dell!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The post helped. Thanks a lot.

Benita Bolland said...

It’s a good thing you thought to search the brand’s official website for help. Sometimes, all it takes to repair your laptop is just a bit of research. Luckily, all your issue needed as a resolution was a driver update. This kind of issue can also be a hardware problem, though. You’d need to take it to a repair shop then, in case that happens. Since the brand of your laptop is still popular, I’m sure parts will still be readily available.

Anonymous said...

Very helpful. I tried at least a dozen set of online instructions (including Dell website) that didn't work until I stumbled upon this. Thank you!